While actually predicting the future is hard, the act of developing scenarios helps us prepare roadmaps that are useful. The Design Fiction Club uses speculative design methods to create future what-if scenarios.
CREATIVITY, INNOVATION, DESIGN-THINKING
|4 Sessions (One Session a Week)
|Min Team Size
About Design-Fiction 101
The Design-Fiction 101 program is an 8-week journey into the realm of Design-Fiction, in which participants create future scenarios. In this thought-provoking program, participants will explore the art of speculative thinking, narrative crafting, and visual storytelling, all while examining the various dimensions of speculative scenarios.
Through collaborative projects and interactive sessions, participants will develop the skills to envision, prototype, and present imaginative future scenarios, culminating in a final presentation that showcases their newfound expertise.
- The Program is spread over 8 weeks, with one session a week
- The sessions will be conducted virtually
- Depending on the total size of the cohort, participants may be divided into smaller teams
- Each session will be guided by a trained facilitator
- Towards the end of the program, participants will present their scenarios in an open session
At the end of the 8-week course, participants will have a solid understanding of design-fiction principles and will have applied them in a collaborative project. They will be equipped with the skills to think speculatively, craft narratives, and visualize future scenarios, all while considering ethical implications.
Who will benefit from this program?
- Innovation Teams: Members of innovation teams tasked with envisioning and prototyping future products, services, or business models can gain valuable insights into creative thinking and speculative design.
- Cross-Functional Teams: Cross-functional teams working on collaborative projects can use design-fiction as a framework for ideation and scenario planning.
- Leadership and Management: Senior leaders and executives can gain strategic foresight and a deeper understanding of creative thinking, which can inform organizational strategies.
- Product Managers: Product managers responsible for conceptualizing and developing new products can use design-fiction to explore potential product scenarios and customer experiences.
- Designers and Creatives: Graphic designers, UX/UI designers, industrial designers, and other creative professionals can enhance their skills in storytelling and visualizing future concepts.
- Marketing and Branding Professionals: Marketers can learn how to create compelling narratives and visual content for branding campaigns that project a futuristic image.
- Strategists and Futurists: Strategic planners and futurists can use design-fiction as a tool to explore alternative future scenarios and inform strategic decision-making.
- R&D Teams: Research and development teams can leverage design-fiction to spark innovation, explore new technologies, and anticipate future trends.
- Customer Experience Specialists: Professionals focused on improving the customer experience can benefit from design-fiction by envisioning and testing customer interactions in future scenarios.